Cortlex is an IT service company founded in 2015 by developers for developers. It gives us an opportunity, as founders know what is needed for comfortable and pleasant work. They are fully involved in all processes (for example, they are mentors, conduct interviews) and sit in the same room (or in the next one) with you. It means that you can discuss any issue related to the company, projects with them.
What about projects? We work with a variety of domains, for example, medicine, logistics, education, E-commerce, IoT. All projects are in English (mainly Western Europe, USA), we become a full-fledged part of the customer’s distributed team: we clarify requirements, discuss architectural solutions. Project managers, as well as testers, sometimes join in some projects from our side.
We have an office in Vilnius and remote teams around the world. Now we are a team of 80+ professionals and we continue to grow. Join the team!
- Implement new microservices and new business features according to the best practices.
- Utilize both synchronous and asynchronous communication patterns among microservices (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ or REST API).
- Build and deploy software services to staging/production environments using CI/CD, operate and maintain those deployments.
- Observe, track, monitor and orchestrate your services with the use of Kubernetes and its wide ecosystem.
- Utilize cloud-based services to its maximum potential.
- Alter the infrastructure with the use of Infrastructure as a Code solutions (e.g. Terraform, Argo CD or Helm).
- Participate in the proposal, review, and discussion of solution architecture documents.
- Review and approve merge/pull requests created by teammates.
- You will be working on a large scale, real-time monitoring solutions that track location, status, and conditions of moving cargo across countries and continents.
- You will be working on a fully distributed system with microservices, Kafka and Kubernetes and no-sql
- You will become a part of interdisciplinary team with outstanding skills in both software and infrastructure craftsmanship.
- You will be working in an ecommerce industry, with the biggest fashion producers around the world.
- You will be working on a large-scale no-sql search functionalities, allowing our customers to quickly find relevant information across gigabytes of data of ecommerce fashion assets, based on e.g. tags.
- You will be working on making your solution scalable & available in multiple geographical regions.
- 3+ years of hands on development experience;
- Knowledge of Java 8,11;
- Knowledge of common backend engineering concepts, patterns, and technologies like SQL (PostgreSQL), Message Queueing (SQS or Apache Kafka), NoSQL (DynamoDB);
- Experience in writing and operating containerized software services (e.g., Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate or Docker);
- Upper-Intermediate English level;
- Experience in Kotlin is a plus.
- Ownership – we trust that you will do the right things to deliver maximum impact;
- Transparency – we say what we think and every voice is heard and respected, even when our opinions differ;
- Service – whether it’s for our customers or teammates, we always support each other;
- No bureaucracy, no micromanagement;
- Medical compensation;
- 5 ill days per year;
- Gym membership compensation;
- Flexible working schedule – you plan your working day based on your tasks and meetings;
- All the necessary equipment for work – laptop (Windows or macOS), monitors (as many as you need), and so on;
- Fully equipped and cozy office in the city center (but remote work is also possible);
- Corporate holidays and various team buildings.